Thanks to Lovin’ From the Oven for this delicious recipe. Also, their photos are leaps and bounds better than mine.
This is pretty much Lovin’ From the Oven‘s recipe, verbatim, save for my reordering the ingredients so they match the directions:
- 1 stick (8 Tbls.) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Stir in the egg.
- Add the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until just combined.
- Gently Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Scoop out cookie dough in tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take them out and let them cool for five minutes before removing from pan.
Verdict: These cookies almost didn’t make it out of the dough stage, they were so good from the beginning. Plus, with oatmeal and cherries (and eggs for protein!), it’s darned near health food, right? Right?!